Friday, November 16, 2012

What is to be desired.

Ok, So this really doesn't have anything about who I am but it has a lot to do with what I want in a man and that kind has something to do with me. I mean he will be my husband one day ANYWAY! I was driving home listening to a breakawya podcast they are in a series about the Song of Songs and its actually for young single adults (that's me!) And the Pastor was talking about in Proverbs 19:22 in my translation it say "What is desired in a man is steadfast love, and a poor man is better than a liar" Well in his translation is was more along the lines of kindness is to be desired. and basically a man with nothing is better than a jerk. And this really got me thinking about females today and what we desire. I am totally the notorious girl that thinks all the good looking jerks are attractive thats a given. But I believe what we should be going after is the kindness and gentleness of a man. But hey girls, I feel like I never give the nice guys a chance either. But that is what we should want. I understand attraction and looks are importmant but looks will fade and we should put more importance on the character of a man. I have really been on this waiting kick all about patiently waiting in my personal blog that I write to myself. And in Song of Song the girl is talking to her friends and she says to them O daughters of Jerusalm wait And she talks about how intimate her relationship with her fiance/husband is and how great it is. "For your love is better than wine; your anointing oils are fragrant; your name is oil poured out." character and name go hand and hand in the bible. So she says his name is good! She says "Do not stir up for awaken love until it pleases." I think that is the most important thing I have learned. That love needs to be based on 2 important things 1. Christ, a relationship should have Christ in the middle and Christ should be what brings you together and 2. Friendship, and Kindness. Like I have said before the good looking ones are always jerks but the ones that are your best friends that are kind that open the door for you. The ones we generally throw in the friendzones make the best husbands! Attraction will grow when you learn to look past the looks of a person and look into their heart. Just my tad bit on dating and relationships as a single woman awaiting her Boaz :)

No comments:

Post a Comment